Work Duty/MOS school
Create Post

Work Duty/MOS school

My original shipdate was July 23, 2007. I signed up to go on the buddy program with a friend and my date changed to June 25,2007. A prior service Marine told me that I would be on work duty until the 23rd of July, is there any truth to this?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by irizavrima
    My original shipdate was July 23, 2007. I signed up to go on the buddy program with a friend and my date changed to June 25,2007. A prior service Marine told me that I would be on work duty until the 23rd of July, is there any truth to this?
    If the Corps changed your ship date it is because they need people in your MOS. The answer to your question is not no, but HELL NO! You will be asigned as soon as possible and begin your training (within a week)! By the time your buddy gets there you will be at the end of phase I.

I changed my ship date

By definition, the buddy system means you go to MCRD at the same time. If you're in the same MOS, there is no reason why you wouldn't be in the same MOS class.

Work Duty as you put it happens at your MOS school when you're waiting for the next training cycle to start.

Thank you very much, I understand now.

Thread Information